Sunday, September 19, 2010

Walking with blinders on

In preparation for the transition into a more aggressive attempt to market myself I sold most of my entry level Nikon photography gear.  All of the photos you see me posting now were taken with a Nikon D60, this is considered an entry level low end DSLR camera.  It is true that the camera doesn't make the person but unfortunately in the world of photography in order to make money you need to sell yourself.  Just as you would do for any other job you want to look your best but in this case you want to shoot the best.  Cameras have come a long ways and I am currently waiting for Nikon to release the latest in technology in mid October.  The model I am waiting for is the D7000, it is 1 step above the entry level professional grade camera but packs a big punch since it will be incorporating all new technology that surpasses past higher grade gear.

This brings me back to the title, walking with blinders on.  I caught myself numerous times this weekend wishing I had a camera to capture something that caught my eye.  It's going to be a long month without a camera, it would be like taking a paint brush from a painter, the pic from a guitarist or music from a dancer, all tools we use to create art for others to enjoy.

I will be posting photos over the next month though, all of which are from an extensive archive of photos.  Just to give you an idea of how much I love taking photos I will share the shutter count on the camera I just sold, 25,000.  This is how many photos I took in just over a year, luckily the new camera I am looking at has a guaranteed shutter life of 150,000 clicks.  Below I am going to share one of the first photos I took with my first DSLR, confirmation that I was on the road to something amazing.  Thank you for allowing me to share something I truly love, may my photography create feelings within you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment